Kraken - The Load Testing IDE¶
Kraken heavily relies on Docker. For its own architecture but also to run load testing tools. Currently, the only integrated load testing engine is Gatling, but Kraken is able to run any application that can fit in one (or several) Docker containers.
Download and Install¶
Once installed, Kraken comes with two frontend applications:
- The Gatling UI, to import, debug and run Gatling scripts,
- The Administration UI, to edit configuration files, run Docker containers and manage images.
Kraken supports Gatling's script import, debug and execution:
- Import files: Gatling scripts (.scala) and resource files (CSV, body contents, etc.).
- Import HAR: Import HTTP Archives using Gatling Recorder.
- Debug scripts: Run Gatling's scripts with one current user only, list all request/response couples and compare them with HAR Import or previous executions.
- Scripts edition: Edit Gatling's scripts directly in your web browser, benefit from inline help, autocomplete and syntactic coloration.
- Scripts execution: Quickly run load tests thanks to custom Docker images.
- Load Test Analysis: Have a look at Gatling's HTML test reports in one click or display and edit automatically generated Grafana's dashboards.
Kraken's administration UI is a generic file editor / docker manager.
- Files tree: Upload, download, delete and edit any file managed by Kraken.
- Shell commands: Execute any shell command on the Docker host.
- Docker containers: Run, stop, display logs for all Docker containers present on the host machine.
- Docker images: List, pull, remove and purge all Docker images.
- Docker-compose: Quickly run docker-compose up/down commands for any