Kraken - The Load Testing IDE¶
Kraken heavily relies on Docker. For its own architecture but also to run load testing tools. Currently, the only integrated load testing engine is Gatling, but Kraken is able to run any application that can fit in one (or several) Docker container(s).
A demo version of Kraken is available at https://kraken.octoperf.com/gatling/.
Do NOT store sensitive data on this demonstration environment as it is not fault proof and reinitialized periodically.
Kraken Docker version is free of use and open source: https://github.com/OctoPerf/kraken.
Kraken Kubernetes version allows you to run load tests on several hosts at the same time, thus simulating more concurrent users.
During the beta:
- The free license lets you run tasks on two machines,
- Licenses with more injectors are given for free, please contact email@example.com if you need one.
Download and Install¶
Once installed, Kraken comes with two frontend applications:
- The Gatling UI, to import, debug and run Gatling scripts,
- The Administration UI, to edit configuration files and manage hosts.
Kraken supports Gatling's script import, debug and execution:
- Import files: Gatling scripts (.scala) and resource files (CSV, body contents, etc.).
- Import HAR: Import HTTP Archives using Gatling Recorder.
- Debug scripts: Run Gatling's scripts with one current user only, list all request/response couples and compare them with HAR Import or previous executions.
- Scripts edition: Edit Gatling's scripts directly in your web browser, benefit from inline help, autocomplete and syntactic coloration.
- Scripts execution: Quickly run load tests thanks to custom Docker images.
- Load Test Analysis: Have a look at Gatling's HTML test reports in one click or display and edit automatically generated Grafana's dashboards.
Kraken's administration UI is a generic file editor.