Files Manager Usage¶
The Kraken's File Manager behaves like any heavy client: It displays a tree of files and folders, allows you to select, open and manipulate its content.
Show / Hide Panel¶
Click on the panel title 'Configuration' to hide/show the Files Manager.
All panels on the side of Kraken application can be hidden/shown by clicking on their title.
Resize the 'Configuration' panel by dragging its edges.
Most panels in Kraken application can resized by dragging their edges. Look for blue vertical/horizontal lines when hovering panel sides to know when you can resize them.
Keyboard Mapping (Shortcuts)¶
The following keyboard shortcuts are available when the files tree is selected (a blue border indicates the currently selected tree):
||Expand/Collapse a directory|
||Collapse a directory or select the previous file|
||Expand a directory or select the next file|
||Select the previous file|
||Select the next file|
||Add the previous file to the selection|
||Add the next file to the selection|
||Copy the selected files|
||Cut the selected files|
||Paste the previously cut/copied files|
||Delete the selected files ( +
||Renames the selected file or directory|
List Files and Directories¶
The Files Manager lets you visualise the files tree structure. Most actions are available via:
- Buttons on top of the manager,
- Buttons on each tree node (file or directory),
- Contextual menus (right click) on files or on the plain root part of the manager.
- Left-click menus (same as contextual ones) displayed by clicking on the 3 dots icons
Drag and drop is not currently available: you cannot drag a file from a folder to another one. Please use the Cut and Paste feature instead.
Expand / Collapse the Files Tree¶
Browse through the files and folders hierarchy by expanding (or collapsing) folders.
- Simply click on the leftmost expand icon to display a folder's content,
- Click on the leftmost collapse icon to hide a folder's content.
Double click on a folder to toggle its collapsed/expanded state.
Click on the Expand tree icon on top of the panel to expand all folders at once.
Select Files and Folders¶
Just like in any other file manager, multi-selection is done by using CTRL and SHIFT keys:
- Press the CTRL key while clicking on a tree node to add it to the selection (Or to remove it from the selection if it was already selected),
- Press the SHIFT key while clicking on a tree node to add all nodes between the furthermost tree node and this new node to the selection.
In case of a multiple selection, you can only display the contextual menu with a right-click. Clicking on a menu icon will select the corresponding file before displaying the menu.
By default, the selection in the Files Manager is linked to the selection in the Files Editor. So if you select a tab in the editor, the corresponding file node is selected in the tree.
Disable this behavior by clicking on the (Un)Link selection button at the top of the Files Manager.
To open a file in the Files Editor, either:
- Double-click on the file name in the tree,
- Click on the edit icon next to the file name .
Create Files and Directories¶
Two actions are available from the contextual menus:
- New File
- New Directory
You can add new files and folders at the root of the files tree or inside an existing directory.
Both options open a dialog to select the name of the file/folder:
Type the file name and click on Ok to create it.
Just like the Cut and Paste, you can:
- Delete the selected files and directories using the DEL. keyboard shortcut,
- Delete files and folders using the contextual menus.
The following dialog is shown:
Click on the Ok button to confirm the delete operation.
CTRLkey while deleting skips the dialog (use with caution).
Cut, Copy and Paste¶
Cutting and pasting files allows you to move then across the files tree structure. This can be done in several ways:
- By selecting files with the mouse and using keyboard shortcuts:
CTRL + Cto copy the selected files and folders,
CTRL + Xto cut them,
CTRL + Vto paste the previously cut/copied selection into the current one.
- By selecting files with the mouse and using the contextual-menu corresponding items (right-click on the selection).
- By opening the menu for individual files.
You can delete files and folders the same way (DEL. keyboard shortcut).
Upload and Download¶
You can upload files to the root of the files tree or inside an existing folder.
Simply click on the Upload menu item. The following dialog lets you select the file(s) to upload:
The upload starts automatically when you select the files.
You can upload multiple files in the same folder at once.
Files and Folders Download¶
Downloading a file or folder is even simpler: just click on the Download menu item.
Folders are downloaded as